The Nuts & Bolts of Moving
Short Checklist Of What You Need:
- A leasing agent to assist you in finding the home of your choice.
- Fill out a lease application with your leasing agent. (Be able to provide a photo ID, social security number, name and phone number of previous landlord, and personal references.)
- A check for the first month's rent.
- A check for the security deposit including any pet deposit (limited to two months' rent).
- An application processing fee which will include a credit check fee of $25 for each adult residing in the property.
- Employment verification, proof of income, savings, debts and other obligations.
- And finally, remember that a lease application is not considered an "accepted lease." It is an opportunity for the owner or owner's agent to review information and make a determination.